Welcome to this week’s installment of From Our Friends, a weekly roundup where we highlight some of our favorite posts, published by our friends and partners around the web.
This week’s edition includes straight-forward body image lessons from a very unlikely little lady, how to design a personalized meditation space at home, strategies for tackling your spring cleaning, a peek at a new way to detox on-the-go during travel, an easy way to contribute to our planet with your online purchases, and how to find out what's really in the personal care items you use on your body and face each day. Enjoy!
1. "Pretty comes in all different sizes. My size is cute," she says. No, it's not body-positive writer/director/actress powerhouse Lena Dunham or plus-sized funny girl Rebel Wilson, but none other than the tiara wearing reality TV star Honey Boo Boo. Love her or hate her, BlissTree shares some of her most inspiring quips about loving what you were born with.
2. Feng shui feeling a little funky? Get zen in your den with Yogi Times' guide for carving the niche that suits your meditation needs.
3. Spring is just around the corner ! To really de-clutter and freshen your space without increasing your carbon footprint, check out Experience Life Magazine's helpful hints from how to avoid hidden toxins in your cleaning routine to recycling almost anything, and even sprucing up your office space (with some tips from our writers here at Organic Authority too!).
4. Trying to keep your health and wellness in mind to enjoy a big trip? Don't ask the flight attend for another can of Coca-Cola or a sweetened, processed fruit juice. WellandGoodNYC shared that Virgin Atlantic debuted an in-flight detox beverage as a new option staying healthy on-the-go!
5. Do something good for your body and the planet both, in one easy step. The Organic Whey wants to make a difference, and is proud to contribute 1% of its sales to 1% for the Planet. Look for their logo when you shop, and consider membership for your company too. Shop with The Organic Whey (now available via Amazon.ca too!) and check off two of those New Year’s resolutions at once!
6. Ever wonder what's really in the personal care and hygiene items you use to better yourself each day? Thanks to a new cosmetics database released by The California Safe Cosmetics Program, it only takes a few clicks to find out. EcoSalon shares the merits of discovering the hidden harm in the products you trust.
7. Need some help thinking of tiny blessings in your life? Hooplaha has got you covered in this video, “25 Little Moments of Happiness”. So sit back, watch and enjoy. Then take 30 seconds and think about little moments in your life that bring you happiness. Your day will suddenly appear infinitely brighter.
You can follow Spencer on Twitter @SpencerKent
Related on Organic Authority