We've put together a pretty stand-up roundup From Our Friends for you this week! Start the weekend off right with posts on freshly grown carrots, sprouting, BPA-free dishware, how much sugar is really in your breakfast, and a look at California's upcoming ban on Foie Gras. We know they are all great articles because they come from some of the best resources on the web. Enjoy, and have a wonderful weekend!
1. Delicate and flavorful, freshly grown carrots are full of nutritional surprises—and are quite different from their supermarket cousins. Read all about them in this article from Experience Life.
2. Would you like to grow your own food? Do you have little space or limited light sources? Do you have time constraints? Would you like to save money? Do you feel like this is an infomercial? If you answered a combination of yes or no to any of these questions, then sprouting is for you! Get started with this post from GreenUp!
From the Organic Authority Files
3. Do you have little ones running around? Then you'll love this post from MightyNest on BPA-free dishware sets for kids. All the products listed are made with safe non-leaching materials (glass and high quality stainless steel) for healthy eating.
4. Did you know that California has a pending ban on Foie Gras? Check out this article from EcoSalon that takes a deeper look into this issue, and get all the facts.
5. You may be shocked to find out how much sugar is in your "healthy" breakfast. Start living better with this post from Blisstree that's going to ruin your day, but save your health.
You can follow Spencer on Twitter @SpencerKent
Image: Seaside Vision