Quinoa is an amazing South American grain that's packed full of protein. You can use it as a rice substitute or craft it into yummy burgers. But it can be so much more, especially if you make too much, try these 10 quinoa recipes and prevent food waste.
The first step to quinoa recipes is cooking it correctly. Once you have your quinoa, use it to create one of these tasty dishes.
Try this method for light and fluffy quinoa if yours isn't cooked yet.
1. Quinoa Patties: Heidi Swanson (101 Cookbooks) makes a mean quinoa patty in her latest cookbook. Two cups of cooked quinoa, eggs, Parmesan and breadcrumbs are the main ingredients of these tasty burger substitutes. Or try these quinoa burger recipes: zucchini quinoa burgers or beefy quinoa burgers.
3. Buffalo Bites: Having a party or watching the game? These vegetarian buffalo quinoa bites are the perfect appetizer.
4. Butternut Squash Nuggets:Tangy and great for kids, these nuggets are great for lunchboxes or parties.
5. Vegetarian Chili: Use cooked quinoa instead of beef in your favorite chili recipe. Just stir it in, already cooked, in the last 15 minutes of cooking time.
7. Cucumber Salad: Toss your quinoa with some veggies and turn it into a quinoa version of pasta salad.
8. Breakfast Quinoa: Add some honey, walnuts and a dash of cinnamon---or whatever ingredients you like in your oatmeal---to create breakfast quinoa.
9. Fried "Rice": Use cooked quinoa with egg and chopped veggies to craft a quinoa version of fried rice.
10. Caprese Bake: A couple cups of cooked quinoa, tomato sauce and all kinds of cheese baked into a delicious, creamy dish. Yum.
Related on Organic Authority
Image: t dubisme