This year, we're carving several pumpkins, so we're going to try a lot of delicious new pumpkin seed recipes. Our common standby recipes are simply toasted, lightly salted and cinnamon-sugar pumpkin seeds.
Think you're not a fan? It's worth another shot. Pumpkin seeds are health boosters and have amazing illness prevention powers. The flavor profile of roasted pumpkin seeds are varied, but guess what they all have in common? Healthy yumminess. Sample these eight amazing pumpkin seed recipes to wow your family and friends.
Savory and Spicy Pumpkin Seed Recipes
1. Curry: 101 Cookbooks shares a fantastic and delightfully simple curry pumpkin seed recipe. Heidi uses egg white to make the spices stick really well to the pumpkin seeds. Excellent idea since that means you'll have no more wasted flavoring on the bottom of your cookie sheet! Check out her sweet and spicy recipe and black tea and butter recipe, too. Yum!
2. Buffalo: Hot wing sauce (or you can use regular hot sauce with extra butter) plus melted butter creates a delicious buffalo pumpkin seed recipe. And, bonus for vegetarians, these buffalo hot “wings” are chicken-free.
Sweet Pumpkin Seed Recipes
3. Sweet-Hot: Our sweet-hot pumpkin seed recipe can be made simply sweet by leaving out the chili powder or opting for mild paprika. Walnut (or olive) oil, cloves, cinnamon, sucanat or brown sugar and a dash of salt bring these seeds to life.
4. Cinnamon Coconut: Coconut oil, cinnamon and a bit of sea salt combine for this flavortastic sweet treat from Delicious Obsessions.
5. Pumpkin Pie Spice: A touch of honey and pumpkin pie seasoning? Yes, please. Alea at Premeditated Leftovers shares a slightly sweet pumpkin seed reminiscent of one of our greatest pumpkin loves—pumpkin pie!
6. Chocolate: Pumpkin plus chocolate; boom. That sound you hear? It's the sound of fall sweets-lovers' brains exploding. Yep, Swanky Recipes went there. Honey, cinnamon, cocoa and a bit of salt combine to flavor Jessica's chocolate pumpkin seed recipe.
Unique Pumpkin Seed Recipes
7. Pickled: Whoa, a pickled pumpkin seed recipe? Yep, my 4-year-old pickleholic goes insane for these, but it's a little strange compared to traditional pumpkin seed recipes. Soak your pumpkin seeds in pickle juice for several days. Then toss them with butter and a bit of salt before baking.
8. Bacon-Garlic: If you're a bacon-lover, this recipe probably isn't such a stretch. Bacon grease, garlic powder, cayenne pepper and onion salt are the masters behind the bacon-garlic pumpkin seeds creation. Skip the bacon salt called for in the original recipe though, it's full of MSG, hydrolyzed proteins, trans fats and other junk.
For even more roasted pumpkin seed and Halloween ideas, visit my Halloween Pinterest Board.
Related on Organic Authority: