It's harvest time and for the gardeners among us, that means a lot of work getting veg out of the garden and preserved. Along with the work comes the joy of seeing the beautiful products creates through the hard work, as well as the delicious dishes to eventually enjoy. In honor of harvest season and to inspire the gardener in you, we've rounded up pics of giant vegetables grown by gardeners from around the world. Enjoy your harvest and savour it while it lasts!
1. This giant carrotis rather sizeable. The photographer noted that it weighed 1 kilogram by itself - that's 2.2 lbs. of carrot!
2. This giant beet barely fits in the palm of its holder. Althouhg many giant vegetables lose their flavor as they grow bigger, beets often maintain their sweet and earthy taste.
3. What would you make with this giant cauliflower? The cabbage ain't bad either...
4. Although the cabbage above is sizeable, it has nothing on this absloutely massive one!
5. These giant onionsabsolutely dwarf their companions.
6. This giant Armenian cucumberwould make a whole lot of pickles!
From the Organic Authority Files
7. You would have a hard time roasting this giant parsnip whole.
8. Giant tomatoesmay look a little bizarre, but they do offer a lot of delicious goodness at 6 inches wide.
9. This giant zucchini doesn't even fit in the refrigerator!
10. This giant pumpkin actually set a world record...yeah, it's BIG.
Related on Organic Authority: