I love to find ways to add fruit to savory dishes or summer soups (case in point: my melon soup with sparkling wine), and this is recipe is no exception. If you need more protein or a healthy fat to make this feel like a meal, add avocado, sautéed or grilled chicken breast or thighs, or salmon.
Here's How to Make this Mango Salad
To make the dressing, I blend nutty sesame oil with fruity extra-virgin olive oil. One of my favorite's is Manni's Oil of Life, made from the first press of superior-grade, antioxidant-rich organic olives from Tuscany. This elegant, nutrient-packed oil boasts a mild yet complex aroma that complements the diverse flavors in this salad without overpowering them. What I also love about Manni's Extra Virgin Olive Oil, is that it's shipped direct from the mill in Tuscany, Italy (you can read more about Manni's Oil of Life here)! You can shop for it in Organic Authority's store.
- Prep Time
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned and halved
- 1 yellow bell pepper, julienned and halved
- 2 carrots, peeled, julienned, and halved
- 1/2 head green cabbage, sliced and roughly chopped
- 1/2 head purple cabbage, sliced and roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, packed, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, packed, roughly chopped
- 2-3 green onions, white and green parts separated, green parts sliced thin for garnish
- 1/2 mango, peeled and cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons chopped, toasted peanuts, for garnish
Make the dressing: Zest and juice the lime and the orange, and put into a small to medium bowl or a jar (we are in love with these Weck Tulip and Cylindrical Jars). Add the remaining ingredients and whisk or shake until combined. Season to taste.
Make the salad: In a large bowl, toss the bell peppers, carrots, cabbage, cilantro, mint and green onions with the vinaigrette. Put the salad into a large serving bowl, and neatly lay the cut mango across the top of the salad. Sprinkle with chopped peanuts and serve.
*Note! This article contains affiliate links that are independently sourced and vetted by our editorial team which we may earn a commission on. This helps us reduce the number of ads we serve on Organic Authority and help deliver you a better user experience. We are here to help you navigate the overwhelming world of consumer products to source and uncover thoughtfully made, conscious clean products.