Ready for some Halloween fun?
Get those cauldrons a-bubbling, and whip up a spook-a-licious treat for your ghostly guests.
Our weekend recipe is a Halloween classic. Apples dazzle with swirls of chocolate and decorative nuts, coconut and/or sprinkles.
All of the ingredients should be available at your local natural and organic food store.
Chocolate-Dipped Halloween Apples
- 6 medium apples
- Cookie sticks (8-inch)
- 1 lb. chocolate (semi-sweet and white), cut into chunks
- Sprinkles, chopped nuts, coconut (as desired)
- Line cookie sheet or pan with parchment paper.
- Wash and completely dry apples; insert cookie sticks into tops of apples.
- In 2 medium microwave-safe bowls, melt chocolates separately for about 2 minutes. Stir halfway through to facilitate melting. Stir again after chocolate is melted to ensure consistency is smooth.
- Place sprinkles, nuts and/or coconut in separate bowls. Dip apples into the different melted chocolates to create swirls and then immediately into sprinkles, nuts and/or coconut. Place on prepared pans, sticks up. Chill until firm.
Recipe adapted from, and photo courtesy of, Wilton Industries, Inc.