OK, it’s officially hot and humid!
I’m always on the lookout for beat-the-heat beverage recipes that incorporate fresh fruit. Here’s a lemonade that features ingredients you can readily find at your local organic food store. It combines two summertime favorites: watermelon and kiwi.
Watermelon Lemonade With Kiwifruit Splash
Makes six 1-cup servings
- 2 kiwifruit, peeled and cut into fourths
- 1½ teaspoons sugar
- 4 cups cubed seedless watermelon
- 1 12-oz. can frozen lemonade concentrate
- 2 cups water
- Place kiwifruit and sugar in blender; cover and blend on medium just until smooth. Pour into another container; freeze 1 to 2 hours or until firm.
- Place watermelon in blender; cover and blend on medium until smooth. Place frozen lemonade concentrate and water in large pitcher. Add watermelon mixture; mix well.
- Pour watermelon lemonade into glasses. Spoon a dollop of frozen kiwifruit mixture on top. Serve immediately.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Suddenly Salad