When I turned a quarter-century old, I figured acne would be a distant adolescent memory. I was sorely mistaken. Those pimples pop up inexplicably to taunt me in all manner of moments. Thankfully – as teens and adults alike – we can arm ourselves with some homemade remedies to tame the flare ups. If you’re like us, you’ll find that natural cures work even better than all the nasty chemical stuff commercially available – which can do more harm than good.
The first thing to do when fighting acne is to take a good hard look at your lifestyle and how you can better stave off breakouts. Eating whole, unprocessed foods, sleeping enough, staying well hydrated, coping with stress (yoga and meditation maybe…) and washing your hands frequently are all habits to get into for radiant, blemish-free skin.
But, most of us can’t lead perfectly-balanced, healthy lifestyles all the time. So, when the signs of stress are written all over your face – literally – give one of these treatments a try. Most of them you probably already have in your kitchen!
– Use apple cider vinegar or lemon juice diluted with a little bit of water as a toner, applying with a cotton ball.
– Create a paste of ground orange peel, applying it to affected area overnight.
– You can rub garlic onto the affected areas several times a day, or – if you can handle it – eat 3 cloves of garlic daily.
– Create a paste with turmeric powder and honey, applying it on a clean face before bedtime.
– Apply cucumber pulp to the affected area for 15 to 20 minutes a day.
– Juice fresh papaya including the skin and seeds and apply to your acne.
– Make a paste of fresh lime juice mixed with roasted and powdered pomegranate skins.
– Ground almonds and honey into a paste and massage into your skin; then rinse off with cold water.
source: Home Remedies for Acne