Welcome to this week's installment of From Our Friends, our weekly roundup where we highlight some of our favorite posts from the past week and more from our friends and partners around the web. This week's edition includes articles on a mixed-up cardio routine, sunscreen safety, avocado dessert recipes, yoga games for kids, great glutes exercises and what microwaves do to your food.
1. Are you a tortoise or a hare when it comes to cardio in the gym? If you're a tortoise, you prefer longer, more leisurely workouts. If you are a hare, your workouts are more speedy and intense. While both exercise styles have proven benefits, it is always a good idea to shake up your fitness routine. Try Experience Life's three speed cardio workout to get the benefits of time and speed.
2. Sunscreen protects us from the sun's harmful rays, but not all sunscreens are harmless. Most sunscreens on the market are chemical sunscreens instead of the safer mineral sunscreens. Learn what to look for in a good sunscreen at MightyNest.
From the Organic Authority Files
3. It's no secret that avocados are delicious. They are so delicious, in fact, that you can use them to make some of your favorite desserts! Chocolate chip avocado cookies, anyone? Check out seven avocado dessert recipes on Blisstree.
4. Summer vacation is almost here. Soon kids all over will be on a blissful 3 month-long break. Keep your kids active with YogiTimes' three yoga twists on classic games.
5. Get your glutes in gear! Be bikini bottom ready in no time with 5 glute exercises from The Organic Whey that will help you tighten and tone your behind.
6. As many of us know, most things that promise fast or quick food options are not usually the most nutritious. This also applies to cooking methods. The microwave, while convenient and fast, kills the nutritional value of many foods. Learn more about what happens when you microwave food on Ecosalon.
You can follow Spencer on Twitter @SpencerKent
Image: Livin' Spoonful