Are you ready for a thrill? Then take an adventure travel vacation.
Adventure travel doesn’t have to include mountain climbing, bungee jumping or white water rafting – although it can! Adventure can be found while indulging in new cuisines, meeting new people, immersing yourself in a foreign culture or simply experiencing the unknown.
Whether you dream of Bali or the Aurora Borealis, Timbuktu or Tokyo at midnight, the time to start planning your adventure travel vacation is NOW.
Why should you adventure travel? BECAUSE:
1. You can. Our ancestors could only dream of flying around the planet in one day. Now we can travel farther in an hour than most humans ever did their whole lives. You have access to an amazing ability to travel. You owe it to yourself, and to your ancestors, to do the things that they never could. Like fly!
2. You want to have fun. When is the last time you screamed in joy or terror? Or laughed so hard you cried? Have you purged your life of fun, play and pleasure in exchange for responsibility and work? It’s time to revive your inner child.
3. You need some new stories. Your wild high school/college days are past, and it’s time to add some exciting new stories to your repertoire. Bonus: you get to live them first.
4. Adventure is in your blood. If you’re reading this post in America, then it's quite likely that either you or your family embarked on a grand adventure to get here. The desire to experience new horizons is in your blood. Heed the call!
5. You’re hungry. Eating amazing new dishes and trying new food is one of the highlights of any journey. Leave your go-to meals at home and throw your palate onto the world. You’ll come back with new favorites – and you’ll share them with your friends.
6. Your younger self wants to you. Take a moment to have a mental chat with yourself, circa 18 years old. Chances are, she wants to see the world. She longs for adventure, to experience the great unknown. Don’t let her down!
7. It’s been too long since your last trip. Whether you need a relax-on-the-beach adventure in Southeast Asia (I suggest Bali) or a soul-searching mountain trek in the Himalayas, it’s been far too long since you did something amazing. Life is only getting shorter. What are you waiting for?
8. There’s no time like the present. If you are waiting to travel until your finances are in the perfect shape, the home front is organized, and you’re ready physically, mentally and emotionally – you’ll never go anywhere. Quit making excuses. Start making reservations.
9. You want to learn something new. When is the last time you mastered a new skill? Or even tried one? As adults, we like to create a comfortable bubble of mastery around us. Break out of your comfort zone and it will grow.
10. You’ve always dreamed of experiencing [FILL IN THE BLANK]. It doesn’t matter if it’s a cliché destination or a super weird far-out trip – if a location has been stuck in your head, listen to your heart and go. Go with friends, go with a group, go alone if you have to. Just go!
“Make voyages! Attempt them… there’s nothing else.” – Tennessee Williams
Related on Organic Authority