Weeknight dinner has never looked so vibrant and seasonal. This salmon one-pan dinner made with roasted winter vegetables and a delicious maple tahini dressing is the healthiest way to get dinner on the table (or ready for meal prepped lunches) in less than 25 minutes.
Salmon One-Pan Dinner Ingredients
The beauty of the one-pan dinner is minimal dishes and prep work. Simply line a large baking tray with parchment paper, chop up some vegetables, and throw everything together on the tray along with avocado oil or ghee, sea salt, and pepper.
This salmon dinner recipe included seasonal stars like butternut squash, rainbow carrots, and Brussels sprouts. Feel free to use whatever winter vegetables you have on hand for this one-pan meal. Other varieties of winter squash, like delicata or acorn, would work wonderfully. As would parsnips, beets, sunchokes, turnips, sweet potatoes, onion, and cauliflower.
While the vegetables initially roast, make a delectable dressing to coat the roasted vegetables in creamy, tahini goodness. This maple tahini dressing is made up of maple syrup, garlic, and tahini along with salt and pepper for balance.
Tahini, made from blended sesame seeds, provides nuttiness and richness, along with vitamins and minerals like calcium. Maple syrup is a delicious way to sweeten the dressing and adds a bright pop of flavor. Garlic adds oomph and anti-inflammatory properties.
Simply blend up the tahini and maple syrup ingredients in a high-speed blender or food processor to make a consistent and smooth texture.
After the vegetables have roasted for fifteen minutes, remove them from the oven and add the wild salmon pieces to the tray. Wild salmon provides a mega dose of healthy fats and protein, but can be swapped with other pieces of fish or thinly sliced chicken breast if you prefer. Pop the baking tray back in the oven and cook for an additional ten minutes (longer for chicken), or until salmon is flaky.
Remove the tray from the oven, divide vegetables and salmon into dishes, and drizzle with the maple tahini dressing. Hello, healthy and easy dinner.
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil or ghee
- 2 cups butternut squash cubed
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts halved
- 4 rainbow carrots sliced
- 2 pieces of wild salmon
- ¼ cup tahini
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1-2 tablespoons water to thin
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Add cut vegetables to lined baking tray and drizzle with avocado oil or ghee. Sprinkle with sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Roast vegetables 15 minutes.
- While vegetables are roasting, make the dressing. Combine tahini, maple syrup, garlic cloves, one-tablespoon of water, and sea salt and pepper to a food processor or high-speed blender. Blend until smooth and incorporated. Add another tablespoon of water to thin texture, if necessary.
- After 15 minutes, remove vegetables from oven.
- Add salmon to baking tray and season with sea salt and pepper. Place tray back in the oven and cook for an additional ten minutes.
- Remove salmon and vegetables from oven and divide into two bowls. Drizzle with tahini sauce and enjoy!