Did you know that there are over 20,000 restaurants in New York City?! That’s a lot of grub. So the hard part of being a New Yorker isn’t finding a place to eat … it’s finding a great place to eat. With so many eateries, it’s difficult to separate the great from the good, the bad, and the ugly. Luckily, we have resto guru Jared Koch to turn to.
His newest book, Clean Plates NYC, delves into Manhattan’s tastiest and most nutritious eateries in the city. It’s packed with 75 of Jared’s top picks for the healthiest (and most yummy) places to make eating well an everyday occurrence. It’s called Clean Plates because not only will you be a member of that club but you’ll also feel clean on the inside.
Bonus: It’s cute and compact so you can toss it in your pocket or purse on your way out. You also learn:
- How to design your own eating plan so that you feel and stay healthy for life with the Five Precepts for Eating Well—based on years of one-on-one experience with clients.
- Tailored recommendations for your eating preferences—vegetarian, vegan, flexitarian, locavore, macrobiotic, sweet-tooth, gluten-free, or carnivorous.
- Entertaining, informative reviews that take the guesswork out of choosing restaurants.
- Up-close and personal interviews with seven of Manhattan's most health-conscious and eco-friendly chefs.
- Restaurants for every budget and lifestyle—from "healthy fast food" to the most upscale (and, of course, sustainable) dining experiences in Manhattan
- Easy-to-use "quick reference" icons that make scanning for your desired cuisine and price point a breeze
If you’re not ready to commit just yet (hey, you’re a New Yorker, it’s ok), you can sign up for Clean Plate’s Newsletter to get five free restaurant reviews via email that’ll whet your appetite for more.