Welcome to this week’s installment of From Our Friends, a weekly roundup where we highlight some of our favorite posts, published by our friends and partners around the web.
This week’s edition includes a fun way to find new workout videos, how a sunny disposition can help you to feel fit and healthy, which common habits might be harming your wellness goals, how whey protein helps rejuvenate after exercise, a look at the real meaning behind Fair Trade fashion, why getting in the water might be the way to get working out, a crafty way to fashion cute felt capes for your little heroes, and a reminder about the importance of mindful living. Enjoy!
1. From longer or short workouts to more advanced fitness, The Gloss Health says Hulu is a surprisingly great resource for the right workout video to fit your needs! Where do you like to find new workouts and change up your routine?
2. Want to be healthy? Be cheerful! Want to be cheerful? Be healthy! Our friends at HooplaHa & Real Simple share a simple reminder about the benefits of looking on the bright side of life.
3. Turns out, even the healthiest people face regular pitfalls, those undermining moments and habits that sneak into our daily lives even though we trying to make strides in eating well and working out. Which tricky little traps might you be falling into? WellandGoodNYC.com has some great tips on how you can shape up your routine to cut out those sneaky snags.
4. Now that you're learning to kick those bad habits, sip on this instead! Whey is a great source of energy after exercise. Learn how The Organic Whey builds back better and improves workout recovery. (Don't forget, The Organic Whey now available via Amazon.ca too!)
5. What exactly does Fair Trade fashion mean? When it comes to Fair Trade fashion, we may have a fragmented understanding of the fair wages and working conditions that the certified garments were made in – but how is the certification acquired and what does it mean in reality? EcoSalon investigated.
6. Is frustrating weight gain or injury keeping you from finding relief in fitness? Exercise in a swimming pool and use the water’s resistance to build strength and power — or its buoyancy to recover from injury. Experience Life Magazine shares some great moves to get your feet wet.
From the Organic Authority Files
7. What could be more adorable than super-cute superhero capes for your kiddos? Using sustainable materials like 100 percent recycled EcoFi felt or scraps from your last project, Crafting a Green World dreamed up this darling project to take your little one's imagination to the next level or make a special birthday extra super with DIY flair!
8. What’s really the most important thing to you?Are you truly grateful for everything you can do? Fit Bottomed Girls shares this important reminder to check in with you and see if you’re really living your life in a way that feels good and lives up to your most brilliant and beautiful potential.
You can follow Spencer on Twitter @SpencerKent
Photo courtesy of Crafting A Green World
Related on Organic Authority