Happy Friday, everyone! If you're new to OA, we take time once a week to thank our fans for all the posts, comments, and tweets they leave us every week.
If you have any thoughts or ideas about how we can improve, please share.
Here are some of our favorite social network highlights from the week:
- Kirstie Smallman @KirstieSmallman: perfect for lunch too! RT @OrganicAuthorit: Coconut Milk Pancake Recipe: a Tropical Breakfast Delight bit.ly/1jUYreX
- Lori Popkewitz Alper @groovygreenlivi: @groovygreenlivi@OrganicAuthorit commercial chicken is ewwww! Pastured and local...the only way to go buff.ly/1iMgjue
From the Organic Authority Files
- Fast Good & Healthy @FastGoodHealthy:@OrganicAuthorit@MacJoFit Sooo helpful! Im always struggling with my posture :/ bit.ly/PktvvO
- Happy Mama Collins @HappyMamaSC: Important link! RT @OrganicAuthorit: 29 New Non-GMO Verified Wines to Love bit.ly/PtgBLc
- Orla @gobramble: I love this - technology inspires nature :-) @tweatfeast@OrganicAuthoritdlvr.it/5S0Fjn#gobramble
Our Facebook Favs of the Week:
- Elaine Reilly YUM. Going to make this soon. Love your work, keep it coming please & thank you! xx [3 Spring Pea Salad Recipe with Shallots and Sour Cream http://bit.ly/1nEIgov]
Kathie Sell So glad you posted this. Picked up a package of soba noodles last week because I have been wanting to try them but didn't have a recipe.…now I do - thank you!! [Weekday Soba Noodle Salad Recipe - Organic Authority
- KarenSaks Achziger One bucket of ladybugs (purchased at a local nursery) took care of the aphids that overtook all the succulents in our yard--then they moved on to the aphids in neighbors' yards. Our entire block was aphid-free within a week! [5 Ways To Eliminate Garden Pests Without Nasty Chemical Pesticides http://bit.ly/Ps3j1S]
- Fibia Simona I was born and raised in Europe, I grew up eating celery root a lot. I was very sad when I moved to the States and realized it is not easy to find and that people don't know what it is or how to cook it. Delicious! [Celery Root: Nutritious, Inexpensive, Versatile and Quite Delicious http://bit.ly/1chWOqo]
- Patricia Goodwin Thanks for this valuable article. I believe the labels do not always say "trans fats," but "hydrogenated" or "partially hydrogenated" vegetable oils. It's been a while since I've looked. We don't eat packaged foods. The main problem with trans fats is the creation of tumors as well as random lumps of plastic-like substance in the blood stream. Of course, donuts (from DD or a bakery) are made from ingredients you don't see, nor are they labeled. Haven't had a donut in years. Had some bread at a restaurant recently. The next day my body told me I'd eaten trans fats. I'm also suspicious of guar gum, a food thickener from trees - is it more like rubber? or is it like maple syrup? I'd love to see a piece on some of the natural food stabilizers. Once isolated from nature, and put someplace where they were never intended to go - the human body - these substances can have quite a different effect. We're all subjected to this experimentation from major food corps, sometimes unwittingly. [This is Why Trans Fats Probably Aren’t Going Away Anytime Soon http://bit.ly/1i1RplL]