Happy Friday, everyone! If you're new to OA, we take time once a week to thank our fans for all the posts, comments, and tweets they leave us every week.
If you have any thoughts or ideas about how we can improve, please share.
Here are some of our favorite social network highlights from the week:
- greenius @greeni_us: @OrganicAuthorit loved the article! #letsgetgrowing [What is Urban Gardening? The Hot Trend That's Taking over http://bit.ly/1qikPqa]
- Abbie Stutzer @AbbieStutzer: @OrganicAuthorit I like cows AND IPAs! [Cows and IPAs: How Beer Brewing and Livestock Go Hand in Hand http://bit.ly/1pKpQYi]
- hoe & hum @hoeandhum:@OrganicAuthorit Wow, thank you. How cool is that! [11 Cookbooks for Food Recipes with Inspiration http://bit.ly/1mYFsFq]
- Beccy P. @4CandlesKitchen: @OrganicAuthorit yum! I love noodle salads :-). [Weekday Soba Noodle Salad Recipe: Healthy Meal on a Budget bit.ly/1txU1Bl]
- Pat Dillon @Label_Solution: @OrganicAuthorit That looks great and healthy. What a great way to eat. [2-Minute Muesli Recipe (Naturally GMO-Free): Never Buy Boxed Cereal Again bit.ly/1iNcXYG]
Our Facebook Favs of the Week:
- Chef Todd Mohr Nice article! You cannot break food down into its parts, then concentrate on only one part. The best QUALITY food gives the best energy and nutrition. [5 Reasons You'll Quit Counting Calories For Good http://bit.ly/1e9unsx]
Caroline Andrews I let some of my basil go to flower for the bees. They love it! I saw a hummingbird drinking from some yesterday, too. [12 Bee-Friendly Plants for an Awesome Herb Garden http://bit.ly/1rMaEFI]
- Pam Shay I put mint in with my green peas. It looks funky after cooked just dig out. Tastes amazing. I cook both with onions and butter also added. I grow in a pot so it does not take over everything and it comes back up every year. [5 Reasons to Get Cooking with Mint (It's Not Just Chewing Gum Flavor) http://bit.ly/1mhFN6G]
- Denise Watters Thanks for the recipe. I also use coconut or almond milk. This will be a great addition. [Raw Chocolate Smoothie Recipe with Avocado, Almond Milk and Raw Honey http://bit.lu/R6ZAaG]
- Julia Kharitonenko Awesome!! We've been eating it since I can remember!!! Yummy by itself or in any dish!!! It's a staple in my family from toddlers to adults!! [Farmers Market Find: Green garlic. I love cooking with green garlic in the spring. Did you know you can just chop up the whole bulb and use it in cooking like you do with normal garlic? Simply remove the tough outer skin, stem and chop! You can even use the green parts too. Green garlic is much milder than regular garlic so you can use more. What's your favorite Farmers Market Find?]